The Westchester Aviation Association and the Academy of Aviation will award two aviation scholarships in 2018 for flight training totaling $10,000.00. The recipients will be announced at the WAA's Safety Day which is taking place on June 19th and 20th, 2018 at the Doral Arrowood.
The scholarship amounts will be awarded as a credit to be used at the Academy of Aviation flight school located at Westchester County Airport and must be used within one year of receiving the awarded amount.
Requirements: Anyone training towards a pilot certificate orrating may apply for a WAA scholarship. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
1. A typed essay is required and should include:
• Your aviation history and goals
• Where you hope to be in 5 years
• How this scholarship will help you achieve your objective and your present financial need
• What is the specific flight training that you are seeking to accomplish - Private pilot rating? Commercial pilot rating? etc.
• Include all educational scholarships, awards and honors that you have received
2. The scholarship is open to current and new prospective pilots. Please send in a copy of your pilot certificates if you have any.
3. Please include a copy of the last 2 pages of your log book if you have already started flying.
4. Also include a professional resume with your contact info.
The recipients of the scholarship will be awarded at the WAA Safety Day hosted at the Doral on June 20th, 2018 and are required to attend this event. In addition, the recipients of these scholarships shall be required to perform 6 hours of aviation volunteer service to give back to the aviation community.
Please submit all entries to:
Westchester Aviation Association, Inc.
PO Box 447
Purchase, NY 10577-0447