2019 WAA Bill Weaver Aviation Scholarship
The Westchester Aviation Association and the Academy of Aviation will award two aviation scholarships in 2019 for flight training in the amounts of $7,000, and $3,000. The scholarship amounts will be awarded as a credit to be used at the Academy of Aviation flight school located at Westchester County Airport and must be used within one year of receiving the awarded amount.
Anyone training towards a pilot certificate or rating may apply for a WAA scholarship.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
1. A typed essay is required and should include:
- Your aviation history and goals
- Where you hope to be in 5 years
- How this scholarship will help you achieve your objective and your present financial need.
- What is the specific flight training that you are seeking to accomplish - Private pilot rating? Commercial pilot rating? etc.
- Include all educational scholarships, awards and honors that you have received.
2. The scholarship is open to current and new prospective pilots. Please send in a copy of your pilot certificates if you have any.
3. Please include a copy of the last 2 pages of your log book if you have already started flying.
4. Also include a professional resume with your contact info.
The recipients of the scholarship will be awarded at the WAA Safety Day hosted at the Westchester Marriott on June 4th & 5th, 2019 and are required to attend this event. In addition, the recipients of these scholarships shall be required to perform 6 hours of aviation volunteer service to give back to the aviation community.
Log book entries, resumes and essays must be emailed as attachments to:
WAA 2019 Scholarship 4.pdf